REVIEW – When the pandemic drove everyone out of the gyms and into their houses, in-home fitness systems like Peloton took off. Everyone seemed to have one, which might explain why, for a while, they were so hard to get. And they were expensive. Peloton bikes are nice, but they are really just a stationary bike that reports key metrics like power (how much energy you produce, watts) and cadence (how fast you pedal, in rpm). Could you recreate that same basic experience with a non-peloton bike that reported those features? And could that bike do other cool stuff like adjust the resistance on its own? The answer is yes, with a few caveats. Let’s check out the RENPHO AI Smart exercise bike.
What is it?
The RENPHO AI Smart exercise bike is a smart stationary bike and app ecosystem that uses AI to customize workouts to your fitness and ability. It also works with other apps like Peloton, Zwift, and Trainer Road.
What’s in the box?
- RENPHO AI Smart exercise bike
- Parts and tools to put the bike together (don’t worry – it’s not hard)
- AC adapter
- Quick-start guide
- Smart Technology: RENPHO AI Gym App – iOS and Android
- Third-party app connectivity: FTMS Bluetooth
- Third-party app control: Kinoma, Zwif, FulGas, Rouvy, XERT, Wahoo Systm (yes, it’s spelled that way)
- Resistance type: Smart Motor Damping
- Resistance functionality: Automatic and manual resistance
- Power Accuracy: ≥90%
- Power range: 0-1000W（Peak)
- Gears: 80 (the bike does not have actual gears – this is simulated)
- Metrics: Real-time RPM, Power, Cadence, Resistance, Calories
- Wireless firmware updates: Yes
- Frame: Carbon structural steel
- Size: 49 inch(Height) x 20 inch(Width) x 40 inch(Length)、
- Seat: Universal Seat Cushion Standard Dual-Rail Mounting and airflow system 8 inch(Width) x 10.5 inch(Length)
- Pedals: Adjustable Pedal Straps
- Tablet Holder: Up to 8.46 inch
- Adjustability: Handlebar: range 32.5 inch – 41.3 inch Saddle fore/aft : range 0 – 3inch Saddle height: range 32.5 – 41.3 inch
- Crank Length: 6.7 inch
- Q factor: 6.3 inch
- Calibration: Factory Set
- Power required: 120V household power
- Operating Temperature: 41-122°F
- User Requirements: Height range: 4′11″ – 6′0″ (official specs say 6’5’’, but this is impossible)
- Weight maximum: 265 lbs
The hardest part of the RENPHO AI Smart exercise bike assembly is just getting the bike out of the box. It’s very well packaged and protected, but it’s a heavy box to move around. Having a buddy helps.
Once you get the box to where you want, you really just flip it upside down, cut around the bottom, and lift the box off. Then you pull the packaging away, separate the parts, and follow the simple instructions using the tools provided. All told, it took me about 30 minutes from unboxing to riding. The included tools are adequate for the build (just two hex wrenches, and an open end wrench for