It’s not easy for auto mechanics to power through their work without constantly upgrading their knowledge to advance their services. But one great way to unearth knowledge and information on market trends and top-performing automotive systems is through automotive mechanic books!
Auto mechanic books are also a great way for beginners to figure out how to fix, service, and upgrade vehicles. The best part about getting your hands on automotive repair books is that it doesn’t cost you as much as going to a trade school would!
So now that we have figured out how helpful it can be to learn through books, here’s an elaborate list of the best auto mechanic books for beginners!
Our top 8 list is all you need to start your auto repair journey today.
Are Auto Mechanic Books Even Helpful?
Before sharing our list of the best auto mechanic books with you, we should take a step back and look at some of the ways these books come in handy.
Instead of wasting time scouring the internet and digging out the relevant tips, it can save you much more time if you opt for auto mechanic books.
Usually, you’ll discover that in addition to the beginner guides, most automotive repair books cover a specific theme. There are many books available for automotive service, but here are a few things you can easily hope to learn from them:
- How to change the oil
- How to check all of the fluids of a vehicle
- How to change tires
- Pretty much everything you need to know about automotive service!
Sounds basic, right? However, with the right book, you can also hope to gain insights into automotive technology, systems, trends, and even how to set up your own business!
Here are categories of books that you will observe once you start digging for auto repair books:
- Books on Automotive Service, Maintenance, and Repair
- Advanced Automotive Engineering
- Books on Cars and Vehicles, including Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Now that you have a slight flavor of what to expect from auto mechanic books let’s get straight into the list.
The 8 Best Automotive Mechanic Books For Beginners
1. How Cars Work by Tom Newton
Looking for a basic book to break into the automotive industry? Then ‘How Cars Work’ should be your first choice.
This book is a wholly illustrated book that features basic line drawings coupled with simple language to describe how 250 different car parts work.
Here are a few reasons why this book is a great catch for auto repair beginners:
- It uses basic, clear, and concise language, which makes it easier for you to grasp concepts as a beginner in the automotive industry
- The simple diagram illustrations help you understand effectively what the different parts are and how cars work
- It will help you understand how your vehicle functions, including all the significant parts and functions
- It features helpful tests at the end of each chapter to gauge how effectively you have absorbed